After 60 years in business, Tyson Sign Company is now proudly operating in our new 50,000 square foot, state-of-the-art sign manufacturing facility located at 2487 Hwy 501 east Conway, SC.
Tyson Sign Company's new facility houses the latest in sign-making technology: computer aided design and manufacturing equipment, computer driven metal folding machines and shears, state of the art digital printers for indoor and outdoor graphics, a pressurized spray paint booth with an automated drying system, and updated neon processing equipment... just to name a few. All of this will allow us to operate more efficiently and offer expanded product lines to our customers.
In 1947, two local Myrtle Beach business men, James E. Tyson and John G. Van Osdell, founded Tyson and Van Outdoor Advertising. The company was originally just an off-premise sign (a.k.a. "billboard") business.
After only a few years, Mr. Tyson bought out Mr. Van Osdell and renamed it Tyson Sign Company. He expanded the company's focus more towards on-premise, electric sign manufacturing and installation, growing the company into a recognized sign industry leader throughout the Southeast.
Mr. Ebbie W. Phillips, a University of South Carolina graduate, began working for Mr. Tyson in 1972 as the sign company's estimator. Within 5 years, Mr. Phillips and 5 other local business people purchased the electric sign division from Mr. Tyson.
In 1987, Mr. Phillips bought out all 5 partners and renamed the company Tyson Sign Systems. Today, as President and CEO, Mr. Phillips proudly leads Tyson Sign Company into a new era of sign excellence, serving Myrtle Beach and the entire Southeast.